Latest News & Events
Legacy Scholarship Recipients 2013-2014
Thank you once again to those who have contributed to the Retiree Legacy Scholarship! Your generosity has provided 11 scholarships to help relatives of retirees with their educational expenses. This year, your contributions provided $1,000 each to 6 KSU students toward their school year expenses. The Retirees Steering Committee sold concessions during the College of the Arts Star-Spangled Salute concert on June 29, 2013, to help raise over $1,000 for this scholarship. This year’s recipients are:
- Becca Bowman. Her major is Human Services. She is the granddaughter of Linda Stanley, who retired from the Department of HPS.
- Sarah Fish and Becca Fish. Sarah’s major is Early Childhood Education and Becca’s major is Computer Science. They are the granddaughters of Mary Lou Fish, who retired from Enterprise Information Management.
- Stephen Pritchett. His major is Modern Language and Culture with a concentration in Spanish I SL&C. He is the nephew of Dr. Tom Pritchett, who retired from the Coles College of Business.
- Rachel Eister. Her major is Nursing. She is the granddaughter of William Hogan who retired from Plant Operations.
- Virginia Yockey. Her major is Nursing. She is the daughter-in-law of Joe Webb, who retired from Plant Operations.
Children, grandchildren, nieces/nephews of KSU Retirees are eligible for the Retiree Legacy Scholarship. Encourage your KSU student relative to apply for scholarships for next year! Applications are accepted November 1, 2013 - March 15, 2014. Access the online application at www.kennesaw.edu/scholarships. To make a gift to the Retiree Legacy Scholarship, visit www.kennesaw.edu/retirees.